[Ace-users] Re: [ciao-users] mulitple facet ports

Gan Deng gan.deng at vanderbilt.edu
Tue Aug 28 01:38:12 CDT 2007

Hi Eric,

Krishnakumar B wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 01:29:08 PM -0500, Eric C Conner wrote:
>> In the CCM multiple receptacle ports are explained in detail in terms of
>> creating the Connections sequence and adding the get_XXXXConnections
>> operation to the context interface.  However for multiple facet there is
>> no such detail as to what you do there.  Is that because multiple facet
>> ports for an iterface is just a bad idea?  Or is there no standard to
>> doing it?  Has anybody had to do multiple facet ports and come up with a
>> good way of implementing it?
>
> No, I think there is some confusion between "multiplex" receptacles and
> multiple receptacles.  CCM defines two kinds of receptacles: Simple and
> Multiplex.  A simple receptacle connects to a single Facet.  A "multiplex"
> receptacle connects to more than one receptacle.  In order for a component
> implementor to get hold of all the facets that a multiplex receptacle is
> connected to, CCM defines an operation get_XXXConnections on the
> component's context.

As Kitty described above, the get_XXXconnections method will return a
sequence of connections which you can use freely. If you want to
identify these various "facet", one way to do that is to apply some
application-level mapping mechanism, for example, you can define one
operation in the facet which returns the component ID, or something like
that.

Take care,
Gan