[Ace-users] Socket error 0 on send_n with ace Reactor (ACE_SOCK_Stream)

Ron Grosberg ron.grosberg at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 07:22:23 CDT 2007

Hi,
I am working with ACE reactor and ACE_SOCK_Stream. normally everything
works fine.
we have one scenario, in which we are working with 2 application, 2
sockets each - one inside the server (sunos 10), and one outside of
it.
the first running application works fine, but the second one cannot
send data through the socket. the return value is 0 (0 bytes sent),
and errno=0. we tried to do several things:
1. replace the ace send_n with a regular send. didn't work
2. getsockopt(fd, SOL_SOCKET, SO_ERROR, (char *)&value, &val_len ) -
to receive the error. got error 0 again....
3. getsockopt(fd, SOL_SOCKET, SO_SNDBUF, (char *)&value, &val_len ) to
receive the maximum size we can send. when the socket works fine, this
works, but after the first send error we get errno 34 - "Result too
large", which i haven't found documentation for anywhere...
4. Resending the data in a loop, we still get error 0, and nothing is
sent

anyone has any IDEA?