[Ace-users] Re: [tao-users] Windows 64 bit platform

Adam Mitz mitza at ociweb.com
Tue Jun 19 14:58:52 CDT 2007

Johnny Willemsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Between the doc_group 1.5.6 and 1.5.8 we did fix several 64bit issues, we do
> have several 64bit warnings left, people are working on that, but we do
> search for more funding to fix the last ones.

OCI TAO 1.5a isn't just TAO 1.5.6.  It started as TAO 1.5.6 but we
constantly monitor the DOC group repo for fixes and import select ones
of those.  Thus, simply because fixes for 64-bit issues have been made
to the DOC repo post-1.5.6 doesn't mean that 1.5a won't work for you.
You can read more about the relationship between OCI's distribution of
TAO and the DOC group's distribution of TAO at
http://www.theaceorb.com/faq/index.html#079.

Thanks,
Adam Mitz
Software Engineer