[ace-users] compiling ACE on linux with wchar

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Oct 1 09:29:48 CDT 2007

Hi Martin,

> I've recongnized the same problem:
> We have compilations under WinXp, Vista and Suse Linux 10.0 (Kernel
> 2.6.13-15-default). The "dirent" structure for ACE_DIRENT is defined
> under Windows in "ace/os_include/os_dirent.h" with "ACE_TCHAR
> *d_name;". Our Linux defines the structure directly (no
> ACE_LACKS_STRUCT_DIR) in "usr/include/bits/dirent.h" with "char
> *d_name".
>
> Any solution?

I've lost the bubble on this one, but I don't think we're having any
problems with this in our autobuilds at
www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard.  It therefore sounds to me like
there's an inconsistency between how you're building ACE and how the
tests are being built.  I have the following suggestions:

. Check www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard to see why we're not having
  the problems that you are.

. If you see a problem with ACE or the ACE tests please send us
  patches that fix them.

Nashville, TN 37203                          NET: d.schmidt at vanderbilt.edu