[Ace-users] Re: [ciao-users] Error trying to return valuetype inherited fromanother one

Jeff Parsons j.parsons at vanderbilt.edu
Wed Oct 3 06:30:30 CDT 2007

Hi,

The CIAO CIDL compiler already registers data-only eventtypes
automatically, if they are used in an event port. I don't
think it would be hard to extend this code generation to
cover all valuetypes included directly or indirectly in the
.cidl file. But it should probably be controlled by command
line option - sometimes it might lead to a lot of generated
code that's unwanted.

Jeff