[ciao-users] EXT :Re: Multithreaded dance_locality_manager method call dispatcher?

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Wed May 13 13:45:01 CDT 2015

Hi,

The DAnCE locality has a single threaded and re-entrent default
execution model. With some work it could be made multi threaded but that
will require all code to be thread-safe.

We as Remedy IT have created AXCIOMA as a successor of CIAO/DAnCE. We
have recently finished a first prototype of a new addon, the AXCIOMA
Execution Framework (ExF). With ExF we can extend AXCIOMA with different
execution models like single-threaded/non-reentrent, but also various
multi threading models which could be combined with different
queue/dispatch models. We are working on a new presentation to show the
concepts and power of ExF, we should have that online in some weeks.
When you want to know more about AXCIOMA and what it could do, see
http://www.remedy.nl/en/axcioma or contact me directly.

Best regards,

Johnny Willemsen
CTO Remedy IT