[ciao-users] Antwort: Re: EXT :Re: Multithreaded dance_locality_manager method call dispatcher?

kai-uwe.schieser at diehl.com kai-uwe.schieser at diehl.com
Mon May 18 08:42:45 CDT 2015

Hi there!

thanks for your quick answers.
@Mark: Your problem description is close to mine.

To make things clearer I wouldlike to explain my system structure more
detailed.
I have a dance_locality_manager process running with many different
components on a single node. On the 'top-layer' of this system there are
components that are accessed via naming service  from a different process
(plain CORBA interfaces). Some of the opertation calls to these components
are long-running, and since they are dipatched by a single thread only one
after another is called in the dance_locality_manager process. The method
invocation on the other process is multithreaded.

I looked into documentation for some ORB options to handle this topic. Do
you have some thoughts on  ''-ORBCollocationStrategy direct"  or maybe the
"-ORBConcurrency thread-per-connection"?

Definiteley, to use more dance_locality_manager processes would be a wy to
solve this. But I would prefer an simpler solution.

Thanks,
Kai