[cosmic-users] .CCD kind rtecEventEmitter vs EventEmitter

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Feb 22 23:48:23 CST 2005

On Tuesday, 22 February 2005, Samuel H Abbe wrote:
> I'm trying to run CIAO 0.4.3 DAnCE\examples\BasicSP using the descriptors
> files produced with CoSMIC 0.4.2 & the CoSMIC BasicSP example.
>
> When I run the executor I get errors from the kind of 'rtecEventPublisher'
> in the .ccd descriptors.  I had thought I could change the model attributes
> so that the interpreter would use a kind of EventPublisher that CIAO DAnCE
> would accept.
>
> Specifically, I thought that setting the BasicSP/InterfaceDefinitions/EC
> timeout component 'out_event_port_type' attribute to 'DirectConnect' instead
> of 'RTEventChannel' would cause the kind to be 'EventPublisher'.
>
> How can I change to model so that I'll get standard values that CIAO will
> accept?

This is a bug in the changes made by Gan to add support for EventChannels.
The problem was the interpreter has code like this:

    // Check whether it is a RT_Event_Channel out port
    std::string out_port_type = oep.out_event_port_type ();
    if (oep.exclusiveProvider())
    {
      if (out_port_type == "Direct_Connect")
         ele->appendChild (this->createSimpleContent ("kind",
                                                           "EventEmitter"));
      else // must be RT Event Channel
         ele->appendChild ele->(this->createSimpleContent ("kind",
                                                          "rtecEventEmitter"));
    }
    else
    {
      if (out_port_type == "Direct_Connect")
         ele->appendChild (this->createSimpleContent ("kind",
                                                   "EventPublisher"));
      else // must be RT Event Channel
         ele->appendChild (this->createSimpleContent ("kind",
                                                      "rtecEventPublisher"));
    }

But the meta-model declares the enum type as "DirectConnect" instead of
"Direct_Connect" as checked by the interpreter.  The easiest solution is to
just search and replace the generated XML file.  This will be fixed in the
next release of CoSMIC.

-kitty.

--
Krishnakumar B <kitty at dre dot vanderbilt dot edu>
Institute for Software Integrated Systems, Dept. of EECS, Vanderbilt University