[cosmic-users] Constructing names of .cid files

Samuel H Abbe sam_abbe at raytheon.com
Wed Feb 23 11:23:42 CST 2005

I was using the BasicSP example to construct a larger example using multiple
instances of each component.  I discovered when generating the BasicSP.cid
file that the referenced .cpd files are based on the name of the instance in
the component implementation.

I suggest that the 'Generate Package Descriptors' interpreter be modified to
construct the .cpd filename from what the component implementation is an
instance of instead of the name of the component implementation.

Using the GME format for instances of name followed by instance in [ ]
brackets:
Having two instances of BMDevice, I added '1' and '2' to the end of their
names to produce BMDevice1 [BMDevice] and BMDevice2 [BMDevice]

Will generate the following XML:
    </instance>
   <instance xmi:id="BMDevice1_17A3A78A-BAE4-41C7-B78A-65E8F1B9141D">
     <name>BMDevice1</name>
     <package href="BMDevice1.cpd"/>
   </instance>
    </instance>
   <instance xmi:id="BMDevice2_508C09EC-5931-4EAC-A4C1-62E2DC012792">
     <name>BMDevice2</name>
     <package href="BMDevice2.cpd"/>
   </instance>

The filenames generated by the interpreter, "BMDevice1.cpd" and
"BMDevice2.cpd" do not exist.

Renaming the component implementations when using multiple components of a
given type seems an obvious thing to do since the 'label' attribute is not
displayed in the main GME model editing window nor is it output to the .cid
file.

Samuel Abbe
OSA Lab: 401.842.2109, desk: 401.842.3179
sam_abbe at raytheon.com