[cosmic-users] Constructing names of .cid files

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Wed Feb 23 18:07:04 CST 2005

On Wednesday, 23 February 2005, Samuel H Abbe wrote:
> I was using the BasicSP example to construct a larger example using multiple
> instances of each component.  I discovered when generating the BasicSP.cid
> file that the referenced .cpd files are based on the name of the instance in
> the component implementation.
>
> I suggest that the 'Generate Package Descriptors' interpreter be modified
> to construct the .cpd filename from what the component implementation is
> an instance of instead of the name of the component implementation.
>
> Using the GME format for instances of name followed by instance in [ ]
> brackets:
> Having two instances of BMDevice, I added '1' and '2' to the end of their
> names to produce BMDevice1 [BMDevice] and BMDevice2 [BMDevice]
>
> Will generate the following XML:
>     </instance>
>    <instance xmi:id="BMDevice1_17A3A78A-BAE4-41C7-B78A-65E8F1B9141D">
>      <name>BMDevice1</name>
>      <package href="BMDevice1.cpd"/>
>    </instance>
>     </instance>
>    <instance xmi:id="BMDevice2_508C09EC-5931-4EAC-A4C1-62E2DC012792">
>      <name>BMDevice2</name>
>      <package href="BMDevice2.cpd"/>
>    </instance>
>
> The filenames generated by the interpreter, "BMDevice1.cpd" and
> "BMDevice2.cpd" do not exist.

OK.  I will fix this.  But in the next release of the tools all the package
information will be flattened into a single deployment plan, so hopefully
you wouldn't have to deal with it.

-kitty.

--
Krishnakumar B <kitty at dre dot vanderbilt dot edu>
Institute for Software Integrated Systems, Dept. of EECS, Vanderbilt University