[cosmic-users] WG: Constrain check and MPC file generation

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Fri Nov 25 17:01:22 CST 2005

Hi Vasili,

Please send all your questions/responses to the cosmic-users mailing list
since they will get archived.

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 04:42:26 -0600, Wasili Goutas wrote:
> Hi Arvind,
>
> I synced now the CoSMIC sources from CVS and installed the precompiled
> libs (boost, ...).  I tried to compile the release build but got some
> errors.
> 1. DecoratorLib.idl(12) : fatal error C1083: Include-Datei kann nicht
> ge.ffnet werden: 'interfaces/InterfaceColl.h': No such file or
> directory

BTW, which version of GME are you using?  The files in the CVS repository
have been updated to use GME-5.9.21 and UDM-3.0.  So please download them
and try again.  I will update the documentation shortly.

> 2.\Programme\GME\SDK\BON\ComponentLib.idl(13) : fatal error C1083:
> Include-Datei kann nicht ge.ffnet werden:
> './Interfaces/InterfaceColl.h': No such file or directory

These errors are due to incorrect include paths.  Which version of mwc.pl
are you using to generate the MSVC solution files?   You should update
ACE/TAO/CIAO to the latest version from the ACE CVS repository.  This will
give you access to the latest version of mwc.pl (either from
$ACE_ROOT\bin\mwc.pl or $ACE_ROOT\MPC\mwc.pl).  In addition to checking out
ACE_wrappers, you also need to check out the module ACE_MPC from the
ACE_wrappers repository.  You can obtain more information about checking
out ACE from CVS at:

http://cvs.doc.wustl.edu/anoncvs.html

> 3. a lot of undefined references to UDM::*
> 	PICML.obj : error LNK2019: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol
> '"__declspec(dllimport) public: static bool __cdecl
> Udm::MetaDepository::StoreDiagram(class std::basic_string<char,struct
> std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,struct
> Udm::UdmDiagram const &)"
> (__imp_?StoreDiagram at MetaDepository@Udm@@SA_NABV?$basic_string at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@V?$allocator at D@2@@std@@ABUUdmDiagram at 2@@Z)',
> verwiesen in Funktion '"public: __thiscall
> PICML::_regClass::_regClass(void)" (??0_regClass at PICML@@QAE at XZ)'

It looks like you compiled portions of your code with one version of UDM
and then are trying to link with another version of UDM.

-kitty.

--
Krishnakumar B <kitty at dre dot vanderbilt dot edu>
Institute for Software Integrated Systems, Dept. of EECS, Vanderbilt University