AW: [cosmic-users] WG: Constrain check and MPC file generation

Wasili Goutas vasili at goutas.de
Mon Nov 28 22:38:34 CST 2005

Hi,

I got the latest cvs sources of ACE_wrappers and MPC.
Checking out the MPC files was only possible in a folder other then the
one containing the ACE_wrappers project. This is because cvs could not
checkout diferent projects into the same folder I think.
Creating the solution files of ACE and CoSMIC was only (partly) possible
after I defined an environment variable named MPC_ROOT pointing to the
path where I located mwc.pl under the MPC projects directory.
Partly, because I got
   Skipping CIDLC (CIDLC.mpc), it requires boost.
   Skipping IDL3 (IDL3.mpc), it requires boost.
   Skipping IDL2 (IDL2.mpc), it requires boost.
   Skipping CompilerElements (CompilerElements.mpc), it requires boost.
   Skipping CodeGenerationKit (CodeGenerationKit.mpc), it requires boost.
   Skipping CIDL (CIDL.mpc), it requires boost.
although I have defined the environment variables BOOST_ROOT and
BOOST_VERSION.

I had to use the mwc.pl script of ACE_wrappers\bin otherwise I got the
errors:
Generating vc71 output using default input
OCMLConfigurator.mpc: line 9:
ERROR: Unable to locate parent: wxwindows
ERROR: Unable to process
PSM/CCM/OCML/interpreters/OCMLConfiguratorLibrary/OCMLC
onfigurator.mpc
ERROR: Unable to process: default input

WXWINDOWS_ROOT is also set.

Actually I started compilation of TAO_IDL and will report the progress
tomorrow :-)
bye
Vasili