AW: [cosmic-users] WG: Constrain check and MPC file generation

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Nov 28 15:57:14 CST 2005

Hi Vasili,

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:38:34 -0600, Wasili Goutas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got the latest cvs sources of ACE_wrappers and MPC.
> Checking out the MPC files was only possible in a folder other then the
> one containing the ACE_wrappers project. This is because cvs could not
> checkout diferent projects into the same folder I think.

Yes.  In order to get MPC you should checkout using the following commands:

cvs co ACE_wrappers
cvs co ACE_MPC

> Creating the solution files of ACE and CoSMIC was only (partly) possible
> after I defined an environment variable named MPC_ROOT pointing to the
> path where I located mwc.pl under the MPC projects directory.
> Partly, because I got
>   Skipping CIDLC (CIDLC.mpc), it requires boost.
>   Skipping IDL3 (IDL3.mpc), it requires boost.
>   Skipping IDL2 (IDL2.mpc), it requires boost.
>   Skipping CompilerElements (CompilerElements.mpc), it requires boost.
>   Skipping CodeGenerationKit (CodeGenerationKit.mpc), it requires boost.
>   Skipping CIDL (CIDL.mpc), it requires boost.
> although I have defined the environment variables BOOST_ROOT and
> BOOST_VERSION.

You need to copy $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/global.features
into $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features.  Open the
default.features file and set boost = 1, cidl = 1.

> I had to use the mwc.pl script of ACE_wrappers\bin otherwise I got the
> errors:
> Generating vc71 output using default input
> OCMLConfigurator.mpc: line 9:
> ERROR: Unable to locate parent: wxwindows
> ERROR: Unable to process
> PSM/CCM/OCML/interpreters/OCMLConfiguratorLibrary/OCMLC
> onfigurator.mpc
> ERROR: Unable to process: default input
>
> WXWINDOWS_ROOT is also set.

Yes, it's better to use the version in $ACE_ROOT since we are not very
careful about making sure that things work with the version in
$ACE_ROOT/MPC.

-kitty.

--
Krishnakumar B <kitty at dre dot vanderbilt dot edu>
Institute for Software Integrated Systems, Dept. of EECS, Vanderbilt University