[cosmic-users] Usage questions on IDL generator

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Wed Sep 14 14:11:09 CDT 2005

Hi Bala,

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:30:16 -0500, Balachandran Natarajan wrote:
> Kitty-
>
> On Tuesday, 13 September, 2005 at 16:51:32 -0500, Krishnakumar B wrote:
> [...]
>  > I think we should suck the contents of module CORBA and represent them as
>  > read-only elements.  Then you will be able to drag a reference to
>  > CORBA::Policy in the model.  This would get rid of problems in both
>  > importing as well exporting IDL.
>
> I am not sure whether so much pain is required. In the Object attribute
> pane (where we specify whether the interface is local or not), another
> piece of user provided info could be whether the interface is a policy
> or not. Based on the value of this attribute, the generated IDL can
> inherit from CORBA::Policy, and also include Policy.pidl from
> $TAO_ROOT/tao. Makes sense?

How will the case where some user wants to derive from some other type in
module CORBA be handled?  Is CORBA::Policy the only spec-defined type that
the user will want to reference (either by inheritance, or by inclusion) in
his model?

-kitty.

--
Krishnakumar B <kitty at dre dot vanderbilt dot edu>
Institute for Software Integrated Systems, Dept. of EECS, Vanderbilt University