[cosmic-users] Tutorial COSMIC Quoter: Typos in the tutorial Quoter

Roland.Schimmack at gmx.de Roland.Schimmack at gmx.de
Thu Feb 2 23:34:50 CST 2006

    CIAO VERSION: 0.4.8 ( current snapshot )
    TAO VERSION : 1.4.8 ( current snapshot )
    ACE VERSION : 5.4.8 ( current snapshot )

    HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
      Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHZ
      Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2

    COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
      Microsoft Visual C++ .NET 2003
      Microsoft (R) 32-Bit C/C++-Optimierungscompiler Version 13.10.3077

    THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE [if you use a link to a platform-
    specific file, simply state which one]:
      #include "ace/config-win32.h"

    THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE [if you
    use a link to a platform-specific file, simply state which one
    (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual
    C++)]:

    CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features
      ssl=0
      qos=1
      cidl=0
      rwho=0
      sctp=0
      qt=1

    AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
      CIAO/docs/tutorial

    DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
        COMPILATION?
          No
        LINKING?
          No
        EXECUTION?
          No
        OTHER (please specify)?
[Please indicate whether ACE/TAO/CIAO, your application, or both are
affected.]

    SYNOPSIS:
      Typos in the tutorial Quoter.

      In the tutorial $CIAO_ROOT/docs/tutorials/ are some typos:

      - Importing IDL to PICML:
        The tool name is idl_to_picml and not tao_picml.
        The includes directive should be -I %CIAO_ROOT%\ciao and not -I
%CIAO_ROOT%\DAnCE\ciao
        The includes directive -I .\Stock_Base should be appended.
        After invoking idl_to_picml the part browser of GME shows a
different
        tree structure compared to the one that is shown in the tutorial.

      - ImplementationArtifacts (.iad )
        The tool idl_to_picml generates dependsOn relations without
        ImplementationArtifactsReferences. GME can connect
ImplementationArtifacts
        directly without using ImplementationArtifactsReferences.

      - ComponentPackage (.cpd):
        The reference is Quoter/ComponentImplementations/Broker/Broker and
not
        Quoter/ComponentImplementations/Broker.

      - ToplevelPackage (.pcd):
        2. Add a ... -> connect "ToplevelPackage" to "Default" and not
"default".

      Is it possible to describe the necessary versions of GME and COSMIC?
The
      tutorial works only with GME 5.9.2.1 and COSMIC 0.4.8.

      Another question is how can I modell a Flattened DeploymentPlan with
PICML
      that's using Realtime Policies to define thread pools for CIAO CORBA
      Components? What are the steps to define a thread pool for a component
in a
      picml modell?

    REPEAT BY:

    SAMPLE FIX/WORKAROUND: