[cosmic-users] idl_to_picml issue

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Apr 19 13:44:04 CDT 2007

Hi Abdul,

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 01:33:46 PM -0500, Sowayan, Abdullah (N-DUA) wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> Great, thank you very much. I still won't be able to update the CIAO
> tutorial until a newer version of CosMIC gets released (the IDL compiler
> libraries are shipped with CosMIC). Since this usually happens once a
> year, we'll just have to wait.

No, you don't :-)

Sumant is very close to releasing a new version of CoSMIC with all the
latest and greatest changes.  Sumant, can you please point to Abdul the
latest version of the CosMIC installer?

> I hope that there are plans in the future to make more frequent
> releases. That way the user community would be able to be more involved
> in reporting problems.

Definitely.  That's why we have moved away from proprietary tools for
creation of installer to an open-source tool (WiX).  We have also
integrated it closely with the build environment such that it will be a
breeze to create a new installer and release it in the future.

-kitty.

--
Krishnakumar B <kitty at dre dot vanderbilt dot edu>
Institute for Software Integrated Systems, Dept. of EECS, Vanderbilt University