[cosmic-users] generating component package

Ricardo Perrone perrone at rocketmail.com
Fri Sep 28 12:56:30 CDT 2007

Hi,

Environment:

- Windows Vista Ultimate,
- Microsoft Plataform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2
- VC8(2005) Express Edition,
- ACE 5.6.1, TAO 1.6.1, CIAO 0.6.1, COSMIC 0.6, GME 6.11.9,
- xerces 2.8.0 for x86-windows.

I follow this tutorial (file:///C:/usr/local/ACE_wrappers/TAO/CIAO/docs/tutorials/Quoter/Simple/03.html) and i finished to model it, but when i try to generate Component Package  via Generate Package Descriptors button, one error appears:

Interpretation Failed. Caught UDM Exception: Invalid cat

This tutorial don't talk about how to generate project (mpc)... I find out  in CoSMIC tutorial movie some isolated instructions about, but i would like to know if it is a step that need to be done prior that generate component package? and have i to link the mpc project to the implementation artifact related?
if this step don't have anithing related to this error, how can i solve this?
It is the first time that i modeling on CoSMIC and some steps isn't clear for me, more precisely about the exactly sequence of steps that are need to generate all descriptor (cdp, tpd, cdd, ccd, etc), after that a modeling process was done.

Thanks