[cosmic-users] generating component package

Sowayan, Abdullah (N-DUA) abdullah.sowayan at lmco.com
Fri Sep 28 13:34:49 CDT 2007

Ricardo,

> I follow this tutorial

(file:///C:/usr/local/ACE_wrappers/TAO/CIAO/docs/tutorials/Quoter/Simple
/0
> 3.html) and i finished to model it, but when i try to generate
Component
> Package  via Generate Package Descriptors button, one error appears:

Can you please try to import the model that's shipped with the
distribution in GME/CoSMIC, and try generating the descriptors from
that? The reason I ask is that because we know that one works, so you
might've made some mistake in your own model. A more descriptive error
message would be helpful nontheless.

> Interpretation Failed. Caught UDM Exception: Invalid cat
>
> This tutorial don't talk about how to generate project (mpc)...

Actually, the tutorial does. Look into
$CIAO_ROOT/tutorials\Quoter\Simple\01.html

What the tutorial doesn't talk about is doing this MPC stuff in CoSMIC.

>I find out
> in CoSMIC tutorial movie some isolated instructions about, but i would
> like to know if it is a step that need to be done prior that generate
> component package? and have i to link the mpc project to the
> implementation artifact related?
> if this step don't have anithing related to this error, how can i
solve
> this?

The movie is quite old. MPC has nothing to do at all with anything
you're doing with CoSMIC. You can still generate discriptors without
needing MPC. MPC is just for generating makefiles.

> It is the first time that i modeling on CoSMIC and some steps isn't
clear
> for me, more precisely about the exactly sequence of steps that are
need
> to generate all descriptor (cdp, tpd, cdd, ccd, etc), after that a
> modeling process was done.

After the modeling is done, all you need to do is click on the
interpreter to generate the required descriptors for you. You need not
worry about the discriptors at all. By the way, before you generated the
discriptors, have you done a check on your model (from GME, click on
File->Check->CheckALL) to see if you have a problem in your model.

Thanks,
Abdul