[cosmic-users] Cannot create CQML project

Hartmut Behrens hartmut.behrens at gmail.com
Wed May 15 01:47:01 CDT 2013

Dear CoSMIC users,

When creating CQML projects, the dialog box error "ERROR: automatic
addon component: Some addons cannot be
loaded/initialized..." still exists (attached image).

My previously advertised workaround to getting "CQML project create"
functionality does not work.

It does not work because:
Installing a newer version of GME that is still binary compatible with
10.8.18 results in all CoSMIC interpreters being unregistered.
This will allow you to open a new project using the CQML paradigm
without errors - BUT the ability to run interpreters to generate IDL
files, etc has been lost.

Attempts to re-register the DLL's in GME or through regsvr32.exe on
the command line are also not successful.

Are you aware of any other fixes to get back CQML project creation
functionality?