[Esml-users] Event ports with null event refs

Feng Shi fengshi at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Mon May 10 14:19:47 CDT 2004

Jesse,

In ESML model, the ComponentType models contained in ComponentTypes
folder are defined as the archetype model, while the ComponentType
models in Interaction diagram are the instances of these archetype
models.

If the EventTypeRef refers to null object, it means that the event port
attached with it can subscribe or publish any type of event. If the
EventTypeRef refers to a specific type of event, then the event port can
only subscribe or publish the same type of event.

ESML allows user to set the EventTypeRef refer to specific event type
for instance model, like TACTICAL_STEERING. Meanwhile, such reference
can also be set in archetype level, like BM__ModalComponentImpl, and it
will propagate to its all instance model.

Hope this helps,

Feng