[Esml-users] Re: RE Esml-users Event ports with null event refs

Jesse Greenwald jesse at cis.ksu.edu
Tue May 11 17:01:44 CDT 2004

Hi Feng,

Thanks for the quick response!

I now understand that the null event reference means the port can
publish or subscribe any type of event.  But, I don't understand what
the purpose of this is.  ESML is intended to be used on Prism based
component system.  Isn't it possible to determine the specific event
types of all event ports on Prism components?  I think this would be
desirable since it would allow the tool to more accurately determine if
event connections between components are valid.

Thanks,
Jesse