FW: Some Library issues

GME GME
Fri May 16 17:27:58 CDT 2003

----------
From: 	Aditya Agrawal
Sent: 	Friday, May 16, 2003 11:27:56 AM
To: 	GME Group
Subject: 	Some Library issues
Auto forwarded by a Rule

Feng, Visa and I have been having a few issues with respect to libraries.

1. I attach a file lib.mga as a library to test.mga. Then I export lib.mga to xml and import back. This process doesn't preserve the ids of the mga objects and hence breaks the refresh library process.

2. I have two files A.mga and B.mga. Both use lib.mga. Now I want to copy some parts of A.mga to B.mga. These parts have references to the library. The copy process currently is not able to preserve the references. If I import A.mga in B.mga I get two copies of the library. Is there a good solution for this?

3. Can the libraries use relative path instead of a complete path? This helps when sending models to other people.

4. I have mentioned this earlier. In Mobies we have a paradigm UmlModelTransformer, it contains the UML paradigm and other things. Now the user while using this paradigm needs to import Uml models to this paradigm. This feature used to be supported earlier but it isn't any more. This requires us to export the UML models to XML, change the Meta to UmlModelTransformer, import back to another mga, attach this mga. The problem that users will have to perform this action time and again and it breaks the refresh functionality.

Thanks,
Adi