[gme-users] Use metamodel as meta-metamodel

stephan.heck at daimlerchrysler.com stephan.heck at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Sep 17 11:43:13 CDT 2004

Dear list,

I have a metamodel A which I created with GME and MetaGME. Now I want to
create another metamodel B, which shall be a specialized version of
metamodel A. In other words I want to use the metamodel A as meta-matamodel
for creating metamodel B. How is this best done with GME?
What I did is creating another model (paradigm-sheet) in the mga-file of
metamodel A, and called it B. In the new model B I used references to the
classes of model A and inherited them for specialization. When I now create
models with metamodel B they are looking quite fine, but unfortunately I
can access all elements of metamodel B when I want to create models for
metamodel A.

Thanks for any help!

Stephan