[gme-users] Show an attribute value on a connection

Zoltan Molnar zolmol at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Aug 29 12:33:35 CDT 2005

As I promised, the description how to show an attribute value on a
connection line:

In a model:
Suppose you have a connection with an attribute called Foo with "bar"
value.
Select the connection, then find its "Label format string" entry in the
Preferences tab and enter the
%Foo% value there. Now the "bar" string will be displayed above the
connection line.

In a metamodel:
Select a Connection object (K), and edit its General Preferences
attribute:
If you insert the following string "labelFormatStr = %Foo%" then later
during modeling, all your K connections will show the value of their Foo
attribute.

Beside this, each connection kind has 4 label attributes, called: 1st
source label, 2nd source label, 1st destination label, 2nd destination
label.
If you enter here the same kind of expression "%Foo%" then the
connection will show "bar" on the source or destionation side.

Zoli