[gme-users] Help on Cannot create object Mga.MgaRegistrar

Jörg Seidler joerg.seidler at s-direktnet.de
Thu Nov 3 21:04:36 CST 2005

Hi Zoltan,

again, thanks for the efforts on your side, but in the meantime I think it's
more a Microsoft created rather than a GME problem. I checked the
EventLoggingEnabled key, but I couldn't find it, neither in HKCU nor in
HKLM. Under HKCU I don't even have a GME key, but this can be
due to the fact that I never manged to start GME under any account.

Now for the SHGetSpecialFolderPathA- and Shell32.dll-
business. A bit of google-ing for these keywords revealed
that this obviously is a well known issue (other software
is affected by this too), so I suppose it all boils down
to getting hold of the right version of shell32.dll and
somehow teaching NT to use that one instead without
corrupting the system. Some say that the system won't boot
after renaming and replacing shell32.dll (if this at all
possible).

So, if someone knows how to obtain shell32.dll, version 4.71
and to perform the feat of replacing shell32.dll, I'd
welcome any advice on that. In the meantime, I'll investigate
for myself.

Thanks a lot and bye,
Joerg