[gme-users] Creating child models in a Java interpreter

Jaime Pavlich jaime.pavlich at uconn.edu
Sat Nov 5 01:00:24 CST 2005

Hello everybody,

I'm writing java interpreter in GME 5.9.21, and I would like to be able to
add new objects to a project, specifically add a child model to an already
existing model element. The code I try to use is the following:

myModel.createNewModel("Class");

Where myModel is an instance of JBuilderModel that references an already
existing model that can contain models of the kind "Class".
The problem is that after executing that sentence, I get this exception:

org.isis.jaut.ComException: Member not found
(0x80020003)
at org.isis.jaut.Dispatch.invoke(Native Method)
at org.isis.jaut.Dispatch.invoke(Dispatch.jara:412)
at org.isis.jaut.Dispatch.call(Dispatch.java:484)
at org.isis.gme.meta.MgaMetaModel.getRoleByName(MgaMetaModel.java:91)
at org.isis.gme.bon.JBuilderModel.createNewModel(JBuilderModel.java:606)

Does this mean that the method createNewModel is not implemented yet (i.e.
there is no connection to its native counterpart)?

How do I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Jaime Pavlich-Mariscal