[gme-users] Help on Cannot create object Mga.MgaRegistrar

Jörg Seidler joerg.seidler at s-direktnet.de
Thu Oct 27 20:56:11 CDT 2005

Dear GME users,

after successful installation of GME on a

Windows NT 4.0 Workstation / Service Pack 6a

system using GME-4.11.10.exe I'm experiencing
the following error message:

Cannot create object Mga.MgaRegistrar (Err: #80040154)

when launching the program. After pressing OK the dialog box
disappears and nothing further happens. I do suspect some kind
of COM problem, but it's been some years since I've been doing
COM. Hopefully, this is only minor problem and somebody can
offer a hint on how to fix it. For your information, I initially tried
GME-5.9.21.exe and even used the Repair option in the installation
program, but the results were the same. About two year ago, I
successfully ran a previous release of GME on the same system,
the exact version of which I unfortunately can't recall, .

Any help on this issue is kindly appreciated

Joerg Seidler
joerg.seidler at s-direktnet.de