[gme-users] problems running java components

Christian Paukovits christian.paukovits at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 23:38:27 CDT 2005

Hello,

I'm experimenting with java based components and I discovered some
problems when launching such a component. I used the "standard"
gme.jar archive with TestBONComponent.java, which is delivered with
GME's SDK. (My own jars don't work, too!)

The registration process seems to succeed. However, when I start the
interpreter, the following happens: a message box pops up and says:
"Error loading java. Cannot query jvm.dll path from registry." After
that another message box appears: "Internal error while executing java
interpreter.". Finally, a message box encourages me to restart GME.

What could be the reason for this?

I have JDK 1.5.0 installed, and I have not observed any problems with
it. GME is the version 5.9.21, which I upgraded from 4.11.10 a few
days ago (and I properly uninstalled the older version before
installing 5.9.21).

I would be happy, if somebody could help me here, please.
PCP