[gme-users] modeless dialog for GME plug-in

Jane Lin liny at cis.uab.edu
Thu Aug 3 10:44:53 CDT 2006

Hi,

Currently I need to create a modeless dialog for my GME plug-in. Has anyone
done this successfully before? There seem to be some valid reasons for
wanting to do this (such as a dialog whose input can drive changes within
the scope of a current model in focus).

Unfortunately, I am encountering a problem when I try to make a modeless
dialog. The modeless dialog showed up and seemed to work. But the problem is
the GME might crash when I operated on the dialog. Other times, I got a
general error message when I later closed GME.

It would be appreciated if someone can share such experiences in creating
modeless dialogs. If those are frowned upon in plugins, can someone suggest
alternative ways that have been used?

Thanks for any help!

Jane
Yuehua (Jane) Lin
Department of Computer and Information Sciences
University of Alabama at Birmingham
liny at cis.uab.edu
http://www.cis.uab.edu/liny