SV: [gme-users] Transforming models into source code (e.g. C)

Jesper Berthing jbe at cfsi.dk
Tue Jan 31 08:37:20 CST 2006

Hi Attila,

I have installed GReAT and looked into the samples included in the distribution. It is difficult for me to see the big picture of how to construct and separate the transformation rules in the right way (where should I start). I will try to run the samples in the GReAT debugger.

I have read your paper (Model-Driven Software Development of Model-Driven Tools: A Visually-Specified Code Generator for Simulink/Stateflow), that describes how a SF model is transformed into source code, this is actually what I am looking for.

>From the paper I understand that the source code is generated directly using GReAT, could you describe the workflow of the tool implemented in GReAT? how you generate source code directly, if I understand the paper correctly.

>From looking at the interpreter and GReAT approach, I think that building an interpreter is the fastest approach right now. But I expect the source model to be extended through the development, so GReAT would probably be the right solution for us in the end. What you said in your recommendations.

You can email me if it is more appropriate at (berthing @ mci.sdu.dk)

Thanks for your recommendations,