[gme-users] How to get one element's location relative to the editing panel ofGME?

Zoltan Molnar zolmol at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Jun 12 11:11:24 CDT 2006

The element registry contains the information you need:
Right click on an element, Select Registry from the Popup menu and you will find some registry nodes. The PartRegs contains position in each aspect that element is shown.
So you will find the position information following the PartRegs/<<AspectName>>/Position path.

For your BON2 interpreter take this codesnippet:

void getXY( BON::Atom& m_ptr, unsigned int * x, unsigned int * y) const
{
	if( m_ptr == BON::Atom()) return;

	BON::Point p = m_ptr->getRegistry()->getLocation("Visualization");
	*x = p.first;
	*y = p.second;
}

Br, Zoli