[gme-users] Hidden attributes in GME

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Sep 25 22:55:34 CDT 2006

Hi Folks,

Sometime ago there was a post which detailed the list of attributes (like
labelFormatStr) that can set using the General Preferences attribute
textbox.  I am unable to locate it by googling.  Can someone please point
me to the list of attributes that are accepted by GME?  The attribute guide
section of the manual doesn't have a complete list of all the attributes.

Another question I have is regarding the meaning of "tilesDefault" and
"tiles" preferences?  Is there any documentation available on this?

Basically, I am trying to do a couple of things for visualizing one of my
elements.  I want to use a separate icon with a separate icon size for a
Reference element, while also displaying the ports of the referred element.
The default decorator shows the referred ports if I don't specify an icon
in the preference for the Reference element.  I was wondering if it is
possible to make it do the same while also specifying a different icon of a
different size, instead of the default box that it draws around the
referred element's icon.  This seems to be an easy enough customization on
the default decorator that I was hoping that some easter egg exists, which
will allow me to do what I want.

BTW, is there anyway that some of the files under
$GME_SRC/GME/MgaDecorators/*.{h,cpp} be released with the default decorator
kit?   They contain a bunch of useful classes and functions that help with:

   default .bmp and .dib supported.

2. Getting the values of preferences by querying/substituting the
   environment variables $PARADIGMDIR and $PROJECTDIR.

3. Drawing ports with transparent background et al.

If I want to achieve the same effect, I essentially have to duplicate the
code.  So I was wondering if the decorator support can be streamlined, and
some useful functionality exposed as public API, so that people can do a
lot more with just some basic tweaks to the default decorator?

-kitty.

--
Krishnakumar B <kitty at dre dot vanderbilt dot edu>
Institute for Software Integrated Systems, Dept. of EECS, Vanderbilt University