[gme-users] Some errors compiling Component.cpp

Manjula Peiris manjula.peris at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 21:31:02 CDT 2009

Hi all,

I am following the GME tutorial lesson 3 (Building Interpreters). After
creating the "*BONComponent.dsw*" I tried to build the solution. I am
getting the following errors.

*"Error    1    command line error MIDL1001 : cannot open input file
ComponentLib.idl    midl    Component
Error    2    error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "MIDL
c:\iupui\research\software\CreateNewComponent80\Component\ComponentLib.idl)"
Component    Component
Error    3    error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\Debug\ComHelp.sbr': No such
file or directory    BSCMAKE    Component"*

I have included the GME interface folder path ("C:\Program
Files\GME\Interfaces") in the VC++ directory paths.

Since I am using Visual Studio .net 2008 I have used the second file
mentioned in the following issue as my
CreateNewComponent.exe

http://escher.isis.vanderbilt.edu/JIRA/browse/GME-137

Your help is really appreciate in order to overcome this error.

Thanks,
-Manjula.