[gme-users] Windows connection issue

Joe Porter joe.porter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 15:43:13 CDT 2009

We're having a problem with GME connecting to Matlab and sending it commands
on Windows Vista.  The error message is something like this:

"Server busy This action cannot be completed because the other program is
busy. Choose Switch To to activate the busy program and correct the
problem."

My knowledge of Windows is pretty scant at this level.  Here's what we have
tried so far:

1. Make sure Matlab is already loaded (it can take a long time the first
time after startup).
2. Make sure we ran "matlab /regserver" to register Matlab as a COM
component.
3. Tried selecting "Switch To", which didn't work.

The problem is intermittent, but significant enough to be an obstacle.  If
anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.  Getting rid
of Vista is not an option at this stage.

Thanks,
-Joe