[gme-users] Cabling DSL

KOUWER Jeroen jeroen.kouwer at nl.thalesgroup.com
Tue May 25 10:35:05 CDT 2010

Hello,

Attached to this mail is a cabling diagram I have downloaded from internet ("http://studentweb.ewu.edu/mbrown85/3049c  20Cablein 20Diagram.jpg"). I would actually like to create a DSL that is capable of producing the attached picture as DSL editor (and then generate the system configuration from it).

In order to achieve this It should be possible to define where the connections can start (only start / end connections at physical ports). Is it possible to create a DSL with GME that is capable of doing this?

I managed to create a hierarchical structure where I can "force" the ports of my entities to be on the left or the right, but I really would like to restrict my ports to a certain area of the symbol (e.g. physical port location on comuter connector plate/switch).

Ideas, any?

Regards,
Jeroen Kouwer
--
Architecture Engineer
TBU Radar / Technical Unit Processing

Tel: +31 (0)74 248 2315
Email: jeroen.kouwer at nl.thalesgroup.com<mailto:jeroen.kouwer at nl.thalesgroup.com>

Disclaimer:

If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender and delete it.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of this email or its attachment(s) is forbidden.
Thales Nederland BV will not accept liability for any damage caused by this email or its attachment(s).
Thales Nederland BV is seated in Hengelo and is registered at the Chamber of Commerce under number 06061578.