[gme-users] How to know which object is destroyed

Kevin Smyth ksmyth at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Wed Apr 4 09:11:17 CDT 2012

Hi Jae,

OBJEVENT_DESTROYED does have the obj parameter set, but since it is deleted, you cannot read the GUID. Try the OBJEVENT_PRE_DESTROYED event instead.

Also, be sure you are checking the return value of the COM calls, as the GetGuid method will return a FAILED HRESULT if called after the object is deleted (i.e. E_MGA_OBJECT_DELETED)

Kevin