[great-users] Semantics of Test-Case?

Aditya Agrawal Aditya at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Jun 8 14:06:04 CDT 2004

> 1. Will it put two tokens in output from the Case or only the first
> matched?

[Adi]
Yes two token will be put in the output of the case.

> 2. If two tokens: what if I add a "Cut"? will it put only one token in
> output then?

[Adi]
Adding the cut only specifies that other cases should not be tried. Thus
it will still put two tokens. If you want only one token then you should
use the ForAll attribute of the case and set it to false. This forces
the execution to match only once.

> other questions:
>
> 3. Is it allowed to have a CreateNew association in a Case? Will it
> really work?

[Adi]
The case in not allowed to create or delete anything and so it will be
illegal to have the CreateNew in there. Could you please report the bug
to http://escher.isis.vanderbilt.edu/JIRA stating that users are allowed
to specify CreateNew and Delete on associations within a case even
though it is semantically incorrect.

Thanks,
Adi