[great-users] Can't run UMT interpreter due to library

Gabriele Trombetti gabtromb at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Wed May 5 16:58:09 CDT 2004

Hi all,
We have a big metamodel with a library inside (that is, readonly). In
the new version of the metamodel there is a new version of the library.
When I open the new metamodel in GME and I run the UMT interpreter, it
fails, because as it seems it needs to modify the metamodel, and also
the parts which are in the library (which are readonly).

I don't understand why the UMT interpreter needs to change the
metamodel... why should it? If somebody can explains us why this is
needed, and which types of changes it performs, we probably can think of
how to work around the problem.

We could flatten our metamodel so that it does not contain a library
anymore, but we would anyway like to know how the UMT interpreter
modifies it. Our metamodel is so big that it would be impossible to find
what exactly has been changed by the UMT...

Thanks
Gabriele