[great-users] Exception: Object handle is null

Gabriele Trombetti gabtromb at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Mon May 31 13:53:03 CDT 2004

Aditya Agrawal wrote:

>>----
>>caption: "GME"
>>text: "Exception: Object handle is null"
>>----
>>
>>The rule is simple:
>>get a child from the element from the source metamodel,
>>create a corresponding child from the element from the destination
>>metamodel (CreateNew)
>>link the two with a cross-diagram association (also CreateNew)
>>put in output the same elements which I got from the input
>>

>[Adi]
>Did you confirm that the role name on the crosslink match the role names
>in the cross link metamodel. Another thing to check is to see weather
>the cross link metamodel still has valid references.
>
>If none of these work please email the transformation and associated
>files and I will try to debug the problem.

DOH!

I "debugged" it: this problem happens only if the name of the
transformation (the name of the rootfolder) is equal to the name of one
of the two packages (the source or the destination packages=metamodels
name). In my case, the bug happens if the name of the transformation is
PICML or cadena_scenario.

In facts the last time I updated the library for cadena_scenario, I used
"Import XML" to get the new cadena_scenario metamodel inside my
transformation, and the "Import XML" also modifies the rootfolder name
as side effect so it became cadena_scenario also ==> bug.

G.