[great-users] GReAT API

Aditya Agrawal aagrawa at us.ibm.com
Tue Sep 14 12:06:00 CDT 2004

GReAT currently doesn't have any support for Java. I guess the other
choice is to create an XML version of the GReAT program using Java and
then using the GReAT tools from there.

There are three choices for this.

1. Create the XML version of the GReAT program that can be directly open
in GME. This XML file will use the mga.dtd that comes with the GME
installation.
2. The second choice is to create an XML file that conforms to the
UmlModelTransformer.xsd. This format is more specific to GReAT and can be
converted to the GReAT program.  Attila, Feng, Zsolt please comment if
this will work and if so where can the XSD be found.
3. Create an XML file that conforms to GR.xsd. This is the internal file
format used by all GReAT tools. It is a much simples format. GR.xsd id
found in the etc directory of the GReAT install.

Thanks,
Adi

Aditya Agrawal
mailto:aagrawa at us.ibm.com