[great-users] prioritization

Daniel Balasubramanian daniel at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Dec 29 09:27:38 CST 2005

Hi Tobi,

If I understand your question correctly, you want to execute only one of two rules depending on their assigned priorities; it is not possible to pick rules depending on priorities, but you can achieve the same effect of executing only one of two (or multiple) rules by using a Test/Case construct.  To do this, insert a Test block into your transformation, and insert two Case blocks in this Test block; these two Case blocks correspond to the two rules you want to decide between.  Inside each Case, you can use a pattern to test whether or not this is the Case that applies.  The first pattern that matches will be passed along to the outputs of that Case, and you can do your rule-specific things there.
For an example of how to use a Test/Case, see the sample "SignalFlow2FlatSF".

Hope this helps,
Daniel