[great-users] Newbie's GReAT Tutorial Problems

Attila Vizhanyo viza at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Wed Feb 8 12:08:59 CST 2006

>In the meantime, compiling and executing the generated code results in
the
>attached <screen1.jpg>.  At least it does on one of my computers.  The
other

Please, try to build the project in release configuration.
UdmDllD.dll is missing from the udm 3.0.0 release, this will be fixed in
the next release.

>of the two identical setups I referred to earlier now gives
<screen2.jpg>
>when I try to run any interpreter.  (I have registered a couple of new
>paradigms since it last worked on that machine???)

I don't have a clue what causes the problem given the information you
provided. Please verify the system reqs again (VS 2003, GME 5.9.21). Try
to uninstall/ reinstall GReAT and Udm if you have installed VS2003 since
you installed GReAT...

>Unless you recommend otherwise, [on the one working GME install] I plan
>uninstall UDM and re-install.  Is it possible that letting GReAT
install >UDM
>doesn't work correctly (sounds fishy too, though)?  I need version
>"11/07/05; Release 3.00" of UDM, right?

Try uninstall Udm and GReAT, then reinstall them, it should work.

--
Chris