[great-users] vcvars32.bat

Harmon Nine hnine at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Wed Feb 8 13:26:19 CST 2006

I'm having a problem running the "Graph Rewrite Engine" (in particular,
on the House2Order tutorial).  It keeps complaining that it can't find
vcvars32.bat, and that I should add "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio .NET 2003\VC98\bin" to the system path.

I don't have a VC98 directory, but have a Vc7, and indeed a vcvars32.bat
file is contained within.  So I added "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\bin" to the path (using My
Computer->Properties->Advanced->Environment Variables).  This did not
fix the problem.  Nor did adding "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio .NET 2003\VC98\bin" to the path and copying the Vc7 directory
into a (bogus) VC98 directory.

What can be done to fix this?

Thanks.

-- Harmon