[great-users] Transformation idioms

Joe Porter joe.porter at gmail.com
Tue May 9 10:19:45 CDT 2006

I have a question:

Looking at the approach and capabilities of the GReAT toolchain, it seems
like you would want to have some common algorithmic idioms.  I'm thinking of
things like finding disjoint subgraphs or spanning trees.  One of the
examples also mentioned topological sort. I'm stretching a little here since
I haven't used the tool, but this is a journey of understanding.   Is there
a way to do that sort of thing generically for different metamodels, or are
things like that even useful in practice?  Or rather, have I missed
something regarding the approach?

Hopefully all of you that use GReAT on a regular basis can steer me in the
right direction.

Thanks,
-Joe Porter
Southwest Research Institute