[udm-dev] IMPORTANT: GReAT vs udm_ns results

Endre Magyari endre at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Aug 1 15:49:08 CDT 2005

Attila,

> I would recommend to search for "Uml::Diagram" in all Udm source code
> base to find all problems like 2.
> This is quite tedious, but still necessary to guarantee elimination of
> the problem. (I have done this for GReAT already)

OK, I'm checking this out and I'll corect such cases by tomorrow, end of
the day.

> In contrast, I don't know how to get rid of problems like 1 in a robust
> manner, since the artificial namespace feaute is likely scattered across
> many components.
>
> This is another reason why should we redesign udm_ns.

udm_ns2 branch has been created, UmlinUml.xme already modified (please
check if it is ok).
I estimate that the core parts (UdmBase, Generator, Uml2xml, backends,
ocl) will be ported until 08/19/05.
After that I'm on vacantion until 09/04/05.
After 09/04/05 I'll take care of the rest (UdmCopy, UdmUtil,
UdmBackendDump, etc...)

Thanks,
Endre