[udm-dev] MetaGME2UML Error

Daniel Balasubramanian daniel at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Nov 29 01:06:45 CST 2005

Hi everybody,

I think I might be getting an erroneous error in the MetaGME2UML interpreter.  I've attached a picture of the part of the metamodel that is giving the error.  As you can see, "DefaultConfiguration" has normal inheritance from "Configuration."  However, when I run the MetaGME2UML interpreter, I get the following error message:

Error: Set:DefaultConfiguration in ParadigmSheet:ReconfigStrategy  Doesnt have any members defined

The error comes from the following lines of code in the GReAT Sources:
if(setmembers.size()<1)
{	//Error
string error = "Error: Set:"+(string)contain.name()+ " in ParadigmSheet:" + (string)ps.name() + " Doesnt have any members defined";
throw udm_exception(error);
}

I believe that DefaultConfiguration should have some set members defined (because it inherits from Configuration, which contains 3 references and one Reference).  The problem appears to be that there is nothing in the code to add the members of the parent to the child class in the case where they are both Sets.

If possible, could someone please confirm my suspicion as to whether or not this is a bug in the interpreter?  I've also attached a .zip file which contains a simple 4 element metamodel that also gives the same error. (I zipped it because some email programs have trouble with .xme files for some reason).

Thanks,
Daniel