[Ace-users] [ace-users] Compiling error while ACE embedded in MFCdialog base App,

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Tue Dec 11 04:04:14 CST 2007

Hi,

>           it's pitty that  ACE/TAO does not support VC++ 6.0
> anymore.  i 'd
> like to use the vc++ 6.0 with the earlier ACE versions right
> now and upgrade
> them sometime next year.

The VC6 compiler is really broken and was blocking a lot of cleanup and
improvements. After x.5.1 we removed support from the source code. The
commercial support companies can deliver support for vc6 as part of their
services, we as Remedy IT do support ACE/TAO x.5.1 and older with VC6 for
our customers