[Ace-users] [ace-users] C++ Exception handling model for Win32 builds

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Thu Dec 13 02:05:04 CST 2007

Hi,

> Done. It's Bug 3169. Out of interest, what do you need to test? I've
> written a little non-ACE program and verified that a
> unhandled exception
> filter is called with /EHsc. I've also recompiled ACE with
> ACE_DISABLE_WIN32_ERROR_WINDOWS, introduced an access violation to one
> of the regressions tests and verified that it don't show the error
> window when that option is set. Is there anything else I can
> do to help?

I want to do a full build on one of the build systems to make sure this
works. The build then runs all tests and we can then compare the test
output. If this leads to side effects we can see it in that build, if we
commit this just to the repo and it has side effects we have to manually end
the builds on all windows build systems, that is a time consuming effort.

Johnny