[Ace-users] [tao-users] About POA Manager in TAO

Steve Totten totten_s at ociweb.com
Mon Dec 17 11:59:42 CST 2007

Hi Doug,

Douglas C. Schmidt wrote:

>    Thanks for the good answer.  BTW, does using the CSD stuff have any
> impact on how this works, i.e., could it be used to queue up requests
> in the POA or does it operate at a different level?

Good question!

The POA would have to be in the ACTIVE state for the requests
to be handed off to the installed CSD strategy.  Then, any
queuing of requests would be handled by the specific CSD
strategy implementation.

The thread-pool CSD strategy (TP_Strategy) that comes with TAO
as a reference implementation does queue requests for processing
by threads in the thread pool.  I don't believe there is any
defined upper limit to the number of requests that can be queued.

HTH,
Steve