[ace-users] how to link programs to ACE

Albert Sanchez ouferrat at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 10:15:46 CDT 2007

Hi,

I have built ACE in an Ubuntu following the steps indicated at
http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/ACE/ACE-INSTALL.html#unix
<http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/%7Eschmidt/DOC_ROOT/ACE/ACE-INSTALL.html#unix>and
I want to compile some basic examples, like the ones in your tutorial
http://www.huihoo.org/ace_tao/ACE-5.2+TAO-1.2/ACE_wrappers/docs/tutorials/online-tutorials.html

I don't know if I am missing something but when I try…:

g++ -I /LWGW/ACE_wrappers/build/ace/ -L /LWGW/ACE_wrappers/build/ace -static
exe1.cpp -o exe1  (exe1 is the code at
http://www.huihoo.org/ace_tao/ACE-5.2+TAO-1.2/ACE_wrappers/docs/tutorials/001/page03.html
)

it doesn't work:

exe1.cpp:8:31: error: ace/SOCK_Acceptor.h: No such file or directory

exe1.cpp:11:10: warning: #pragma once in main file

exe1.cpp:17:31: error: ace/Event_Handler.h: No such file or directory

exe1.cpp:21:20: error: logger.h: No such file or directory

...etc

Where can I find more info on ace programming environment and so on. I have
taken a look at C++ Network Programming Vol.1 and at
http://www.cse.wustl.edu/~doc/pspdfs/ACE-tutorial.pdf<http://www.cse.wustl.edu/%7Edoc/pspdfs/ACE-tutorial.pdf>

Thanks a lot in advance,

Albert

--
"Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy is about
telescopes."